Mumbai BMW Hit-and-Run Case: Police Reveal Mihir Shah Admitted to Driving the Car During the Accident.

In the Mumbai BMW hit-and-run case, police have reported that Mihir Shah admitted to driving the car at the time of the accident.

Mihir Shah, the prime accused in the Mumbai BMW hit-and-run case, has admitted to the police that he was driving the vehicle during the crash. After colliding with a couple’s scooter on the morning of July 7, Shah was aware that a woman was stuck in one of the car’s tires. Despite motorists’ frantic attempts to signal him to stop, Shah continued driving recklessly, according to police reports.

The 24-year-old, currently in police custody until July 16, claims to possess a driving license, though the document has not yet been recovered. So far, the police have recorded statements from 14 individuals, including Shah’s mother, sisters, and friends.

Rajesh Shah, Mihir’s father and a Shiv Sena politician from Palghar district, is also implicated in the case and is out on bail. As part of their investigation, the police plan to visit the crash site in Worli, South-Central Mumbai, to reconstruct the crime scene.

Mihir Shah was arrested on July 9 in Thane district, two days after the incident, which resulted in the death of 45-year-old Kaveri Nakhwa and injured her husband, Pradeep. The crash was captured on CCTV at Mela Junction and Bindu Madhav Thackeray Chowk in Worli. Following the incident, Shah altered his appearance by shaving his beard and trimming his hair, and police are investigating whether he received help in doing so.

Authorities have charged Mihir Shah with culpable homicide not amounting to murder, among other charges. He and his family members had gone untraceable following the accident. Police are also bringing Rajrishi Bidawat, the family chauffeur who was with Shah at the time of the crash, face-to-face with Shah to gather more information about the events leading to the accident. According to a report by the Times of India, excise officials alleged that Shah and his friends consumed 12 large pegs of whiskey at a bar before the incident, which could keep a person intoxicated for eight hours.

In response to the incident, Maharashtra Chief Minister and Shiv Sena chief Eknath Shinde ordered the removal of Rajesh Shah from his party position, stating, “The government will not support any culprit in this case. We stand with the victim’s family and will provide any financial support they need.”

ALSO READ : Hathras Stampede: Bhole Baba’s Lawyer Refutes ‘Charan Raj’ Allegation.

Who is Mihir Shah?

Mihir Shah, the accused in the Mumbai BMW hit-and-run case, is the son of a Shiv Sena (Eknath Shinde) camp leader from Palghar, Maharashtra. According to TV9 Marathi, Mihir has completed his 10th-grade education and his family owns a construction business. Following the incident, Mihir’s mother and two sisters have gone into hiding, having locked their house.

What exactly happened?

On Sunday around 5:30 am, fisherfolk Kaveri and Pradip Nakhwa were returning home to Worli Koliwada from Sassoon Dock in Colaba. While traveling on the arterial Annie Besant Road, their bike was struck by a BMW driven by Mihir Shah, who was allegedly under the influence of alcohol. Initially, a driver was taking Mihir home, but upon reaching Worli, Mihir insisted on driving the car himself. Shortly after taking the wheel, the accident occurred.

Woman’s Death

Kaveri Nakhwa, aged 45, tragically died in the incident. She was allegedly dragged on the car’s bonnet for 100 meters before being flung off. She was rushed to Nair Hospital but was declared dead on arrival. Her husband was also injured in the accident.

Accused’s Father Held

Mumbai police have arrested Rajesh Shah, the father of the accused, along with Rajrishi Rajendrasingh Bidawat, who was present in the car during the incident. The driver of the vehicle has also been detained. The car is registered in the name of Rajesh Shah.

Where is Mihir Shah?

Mihir Shah has been absconding since the accident. The police are actively searching for him. Reports indicate that hours before the incident, Mihir Shah had consumed alcohol. He entered a bar in Juhu around 11 pm on Saturday and left around 1:30 am on Sunday. It is reported that he and his friend spent ₹18,000 at the bar.

Girlfriend Being Questioned

According to an NDTV report, police are also questioning Mihir Shah’s girlfriend, suspecting that she may have assisted in hiding him after the accident.

Guilty Won’t Be Spared: CM Shinde

Maharashtra Chief Minister Eknath Shinde has assured that the police will not shield anyone and that the guilty will not be spared. Terming the incident as unfortunate, Shinde emphasized that the law is equal for everyone and has instructed the police to take strict action.

Leave a comment